A couple of weeks ago I took a road trip with two friends to Nashville, Tennessee. We were only there for about two and a half/three days but since there is so much to see, we were plenty busy.
If you are thinking of visiting Nashville, I would suggest staying there a little longer than I did. A couple of days is just not enough time to explore everything that Nashville has to offer!
We decided to make our little vacation a road trip and drive from Wisconsin to Tennessee. Depending on traffic, the drive is about ten hours. We left for Nashville Sunday evening and stayed through Thursday morning. It was a short trip but we got to see a lot.
Below are some of the spots we visited to help you plan your next trip to Nashville, TN!
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken – If you are looking for a place to get some good chicken, check them out. Treat service and delicious chicken.
- Pancake Pantry – This is THE breakfast spot. Before going I heard that on Saturdays the line can be crazy long but on Wednesday, when we stopped there, the wait wasn’t terrible and the food was worth it. I even picked up a t-shirt (so cheesy, I know).
- Five Daughters Bakery – This cute doughnut shop in the 12 South area is a tasty spot to stop for a sweet treat and a cute pic.
- Acme Feed and Seed – This three level restaurant is a must see when visiting Nashville. We got dinner there the first night because it is on Downtown Broadway, so we had dinner and a couple of drinks and then set off to explore the nightlife.
- The Flipside – This was probably our favorite lunch spot. They have GIANT bloodies and our waitress was amazing. It is a great food spot and picture spot! It is filled with teal and white.
- Sambuca – We went here for dinner in The Gulch and it was superb. Food, service, atmosphere…all of it was wonderful. Sambuca doesn’t have a lot of locations so if you are looking for a nice place to get dinner during your vacation without breaking the bank, this is the place for you. They had a live smooth jazz group performing also. Oh, I almost forgot the best part! I got dessert – cheesecake sopapilla – and it was fantastic. My mouth is watering just thinking about it – can you tell I love food?
- Pinewood Social – We had dinner here the last night of our trip and it was such a cute restaurant. The hostess was actually from the same city as us and recognized our “accents” (Wisconsin accents).
We tried to explore as much as we could! We went up and down Broadway and went off onto some of the side streets as well. There is soooooo much to see. And if you are into rooftop bars, then you are in luck!
Out and About
There is so much to do in this city – I can’t say it enough. Just getting out and exploring it is half the fun!
Did I mention there are murals everywhere? Below is just one of the many shots I got!
Nashville can be a great girl’s trip if you plan it right. And if you stay in the right spot, the uber costs are pretty low. The people are friendly and if you don’t mind the heat and walking, then you will be able to see a lot!
We did so many things that I didn’t list above but hopefully this gives you an idea of some of the things you can do in Nashville if you are just visiting. If you have any questions about my trip or would like to know where we stayed, feel free to comment or use the “contact” form. 🙂